Thursday 19 April 2012


Hellowwww Everyone!!!

I'm in Creative-mode today (I'll forewarn you now!) and have lots to say.

Firstly...my "SHINEtalk" as I like to call it. 

I really don't wish to harp on the fact that I'm still on crutches...but I realised something extremely interesting - and important - the other day and just HAD to write about it.  

I'm smiling more.

Yes. You read correctly...M-O-R-E.

This is so significant I had to share!

Why?  Many reasons.   I find people you don't know are so much kinder and helpful when you need help. Crossing the street cars will stop - at places where without crutches they typically keep driving.  Doors are being opened non-stop for me (even though I'm quite happy doing this for myself!) and people are SMILING AT me more....talking to me more - it's mind-boggling!  

So...in return...I'm smiling more at EVERYone!  But feel so much better inside!!  Yes, I'm typically a smiler....but people don't really smile back.  Now I find they are smiling, I'm smiling...it's just a happy world I'm living in!  Similar to how great people are at Disney World...the world of happiness....but you get back to real life and not everyone is like that anymore.  

How has this affected me?  What to think about it??....hmmm....at least it's great to know people are kind when you need something - but it also makes me wonder why people don't smile more, open doors more, stop for you more....regularly?  

It's also made me feel so uplifted.  No...I won't milk it and stay on my crutches all year!! I think I'm near the time where I won't have to use them. But I'm FAR happier!  Truly! I believe this whole experience has made me a FAR better person (and I THOUGHT I was perfect!!!) :)

This experience for me has been eye-opening: from support from unexpected places...to no support from those I would have though would have offered something!.  Don't get me wrong...I have not expected or wanted anything...but it does make you realize who truly cares!!

On top of this...since I'm smiling more...and feeling so much better for it...crutches or not....I'm staying this way!!  

So...when faced with challenges of any kind, it's HOW you handle them that counts.  

Shine on....!!

No comments:

Post a Comment