Friday 27 April 2012

Don't TALK about being in Shape...DO it!



Are you still feeling like you want to be in better shape but don't know how?  Are you truly giving this your all?  Or...are you like I've been for a while now.....'think' I'm eating correctly and exercising...buuut...nothing's changing and I don't know why?  
Summer's coming and now is the time to put ALL your effort in and make the changes you want!!  Give it your all and you will feel better for it ...but don't go half-way...go all the way; re-vamp HOW you are eating, WHAT you are eating if need-be...and train like you've never trained before.....CHALLENGE yourself!! SWEAT!!!  Make your muscles have to adapt to the new workout you are giving them. Don't just do the same-old same-old as you've always done!!
My next blog will cover my thoughts on how to re-vamp your workout, but here's my thought for today!!  TRY IT!!
Use a food journal!  I tell you...they SO help!  I picked mine up from a large Bookstore in the Journals section and I'm all inspired to be in the best shape I've ever been in!
Why is a Journal so HELPFUL for weight loss?
MANY REASONS!!
It keeps you within the daily limits you should be consuming. Stay within your daily limits and guess what?  You don't nibble and you don't eat excess calories, fat, carbs...etc....
It makes you accountable!! BIG reason to do it!  You find you write down everything you ingest - and by doing so it actually becomes quite exciting (I'm warped, what can I say?!). Each day I can't wait to see how well I did by the end of the day!
You aren't hungry!! You don't snack!! That's enough reason right there!!!  Because you are now getting the right amounts of food in...as well as eating the RIGHT foods (fruits, veggies, etc)....you will find you are full.  No more feeling hungry between meals.  I am no longer snacking on a cracker/cheese here and there.  They all add up and you may find by the end of a non-journal, picking day...that you consumed more calories and fat just by nibbling.   Record your food and all of a sudden this doesn't occur anymore. I swear...NO urge to nibble here!!
It helps you lose weight! What more reason do you need?  By keeping your food limits in place, and working out...the pounds WILL drop off.  I am speaking from experience here!
...This really doesn't take much effort.  But if you are at a place where you find you are trying SO much and the results are SO little, don't you think it's time to try something different?  The little book will fit into your purse and you can record at any time. 
I DARE YOU to try it...you will be happy you did!
Don't get me wrong...JUST recording won't do the trick!! It's all about your lifestyle.  Record what you eat and eat well, exercise each day (find something you ENJOY doing!!!) and you will find the pounds go.
3500 calories = 1 lb!!  This sounds a lot but it isn't!  I'm eating my limit of calories each day, working out (so burning calories) and by the end of each day my "Caloric Deficit" is 400+ calories!  This week the difference between what I've eaten and what I've expended has been more than 3800 calories!! That's more than a pound!!
AM I DIETING??? NO!!!
AM I STARVING MYSELF?? NO!!
AM I ENJOYING MY FOOD?? YES!!!!
I'm having my glass of wine, my square of dark chocolate, my lovely regular meals.  I am not missing anything...I'm just eating far better, staying fuller and eating the correct sizes!!
Really!  This will help you if you give it and exercise a try.  Put the effort in - you WILL get the results back!!
Don't be the one who doesn't try but doesn't know why nothing's changing...be the one to do it right...and have all your Girlfriends wondering how you look so GREAT!!! 2012 Rock on!!
SHINE on..

No comments:

Post a Comment