Thursday 25 October 2012

Strong is sexy..curvy is beautiful.

I am so glad some Stars are 'getting' it (although I feel as many are...the same number aren't!).

The only time I read gossip is when I'm torturing myself on a cardio machine...it seriously helps me through it (what does that mean, I wonder? Lol). I've been on a roll ('scuse the pun!), lately about negative self-talk, negative self-image and how the media are really not helping the youngsters of today (girls personally and boys with ultimately how they might view girls). It's so important to feel confident and good in your own skin.

So I was THRILLED to see an article in a gossip mag with before and after pictures of Actresses who were too skinny...said to hell with the establishment (ahem Hollywood), Directors' wishes for sticks in roles and gained weight to look healthier!

EUREEEEEEEKA GIRLS! These are articles our daughters etc, need to see! Tyra Banks was one; Leah Michelle from Glee and more! And they look beautiful! Strong, toned, sexy and healthy!

How we are to get the message out there to the girls of today that strong is sexy and that dieting, eating NO protein, etc, etc, is NOT the way to go...I'm not sure.....there are still too many with the wrong idea on what is right.  I wish there was more self esteem, confidence..the 'what the heck' attitude out there...rebelling against this need to be tiny.

But I know I've been there-done-that. It took me 43 years (literally) to finally realize I should feel great abut myself no matter my weight (let's correct that...I don't weigh myself!!).  I was one of those teased for chubbiness as a youngster (which is funny since I look at all my childhood pix and I wasn't at all chubby!)...but...teased enough and it sticks! I know what it's like to grow up seeing the negative points about yourself (I would be self deprecating in a jokey fashion...figuring if I point my flaws out first in a funny sense, others wouldn't need to.) and continuing them on to adulthood. But!! Now all the negative self views are BANISHED!! Heck...I even go out to the gym with my hair a mess lol! I've come a long way!

Lets try to guide our girls to this feeling of freedom and confidence while they are young...rather than them figuring it all out in their 40's!! If one girl 'gets it' that's a start!

This Blog came about due to Shape Magazine's article today on STOP THE FAT TALK. Great article and a must read.

Come on...lets go get those girls and inspire them all to feel great without the worries of others' opinions!!

Enjoy your day....
SHINE On...

No comments:

Post a Comment